The Visual Image Search and Visual Analytics (VISVA) 2016 Summer School is co-organised by the NTU-PKU Joint Research Institute (JRI) and the Rapid-Rich Object Search (ROSE) Lab at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. This first Visual Image Search and Visual Analytics (VISVA 2014) were held in year 2014. It provided a stimulating opportunity for young researchers and graduate students to get to know the state of the art technologies. Participants benefitted from direct interaction and discussions with world leaders in Image Analysis and Computer Vision. Participants had the opportunity to introduce their research, and to interact with their scientific peers, in a friendly and constructive environment.
Visual image search and visual analytics are important research topics, and have potential applications in trillion dollar industries such as E-commerce, Online Advertising, Surveillance, Image Forensics, and Autonomous Vehicles. In recent years, we have witnessed significant research progress made in this area of research.
Internationally renowned experts from across Europe, USA and Asia make up this year's summer school tutorial team. This is a unique opportunity to gain an in-depth appreciation of deep learning, biometrics, visual analytics, action recognition, large-scale object retrieval, video coding, and many more whilst absorbing the multifarious atmosphere of the famous Little Red Dot called Singapore. Participation in the programme of social activities with the international group of attendees will inspire and enrich your learning experience.
The target audiences are PhD students, MSc students, advanced undergraduates as well as academics and practitioners in the field. Tutorials will be complemented by a workshop, where participants will obtain hands-on experience with GPUs.
The summer school will take place at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Limited affordable student accommodations will be provided to overseas participants.
Tutorials to be delivered at VISVA 2016 include:
- Nikolaos BOULGOURIS, Brunel University, UK - Gait Recognition
- Irene Yu-Hua GU, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden - Visual Analysis and Action Recognition
- Candy Chiou-Ting HSU, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Tiejun HUANG, Peking University, China - Video Coding
- Xudong JIANG, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- C.-C. Jay KUO, University of Southern California, USA - Deep Learning and CNN
- Antonio ORTEGA, University of Southern California, USA - Graph Signal Processing
- Yonghong TIAN, Peking University, China - Large Scale Object Retrieval
- Junsong YUAN, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Wenjun ZENG, Mircrosoft Research Asia, China
The complete program can be found here.
VISVA 2016 is supported by IEEE Signal Processing Society (IEEE SPS).