Recaptured Images Dataset
Content and Format
6 different brands of camera were used to capture 2000 natural images and 2700 finely recaptured images. The resolutions range from 2272 by 1704 to 4256 by 2832. The total download size of this dataset is ~17GB which consists mainly of JPG images and some BMP images.
The 2000 natural images were captured using 5 different brands of camera (Canon, Casio, Lumix, Nikon, and Sony) and are categorised as follows:
The 2700 recaptured images are recaptured from:
- 100 images taken by the 3 available cameras
- 100 images downloaded from Flickr website
- 100 tampered images where about 10% of the total image area has been altered
and categorised as:
- 300 images recaptured by Canon Powershot A620 DSLR from Philips 19 190B6CG LCD
- 300 images recaptured by Canon Powershot A620 DSLR from NEC 17” AccuSync LCD
- 300 images recaptured by Canon Powershot A620 DSLR from Acer 17” AL712 LCD
- 300 images recaptured by Olympus Mju 300 DSLR from Philips 19” 190B6CG LCD
- 300 images recaptured by Olympus Mju 300 DSLR from NEC 17” AccuSync LCD
- 300 images recaptured by Olympus Mju 300 DSLR from Acer 17” AL712 LCD
- 300 images recaptured by Olympus E500 DSLR from Philips 19” 190B6CG LCD
- 300 images recaptured by Olympus E500 DSLR from NEC 17” AccuSync LCD
- 300 images recaptured by Olympus E500 DSLR from Acer 17” AL712 LCD
The file structure of the recaptured images are:
|Two pairs of Training Samples of
Nature and Recaptured Images
|Samples of 50 Images Used in
Human Recaptured Image Identification Survey
Usage for Academic Research
Terms & Conditions of Use
The datasets are released for academic research only, and are free to researchers from educational or research institutes for non-commercial purposes.
The use of this dataset is governed by the following terms and conditions:
• Without the expressed permission of the ROSE Lab, any of the following will be considered illegal: redistribution, derivation or generation of a new dataset from this dataset, and commercial usage of any of these datasets in any way or form, either partially or in its entirety.
• For the sake of privacy, images of all subjects in any of these datasets are only allowed for the demonstration in academic publications and presentations.
• All users of these datasets agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless, the ROSE Lab and its officers, employees, and agents, individually and collectively, from any and all losses, expenses, and damages.
If interested, researchers can register for an account, submit the request form and accept the Release Agreement. We will validate your request and grant approval for downloading the datasets.
All publications using the ROSE Recaptured Image Dataset should include the following acknowledgment: “(Portions of) the research in this paper used the ROSE Recaptured Image Dataset made available by the ROSE Lab at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.”
Furthermore, these publications should cite the following references:
H. Cao and A.C. Kot, "Identification of Recaptured Photographs on LCD Screens", in Proc. of ICASSP, pp. 1790-1793, 2010
H. Cao, "Statistical Image Source Model Identification and Forgery Detection", Ph.D. thesis, Nanyang Technological University, 2010